Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hospital/Moscow/Day 11

Cubicle 1705/Infectious Diseases Hospital/ Moscow/ Day 11

Nelly brought several DVDs for me to watch. I really liked couple of them: “About a Boy” with Hue Grant and “Antwone Fisher” with Denzel Washington. Both movies brought me to a deeper understanding of the simple truth that God won’t ask what kind of car I drove in Cherepovets. He will ask how many people I drove who didn’t have transportation. Jesus won’t ask the square footage of my place; He will ask how many people I welcomed into my apartment. He won’t ask about the clothes I had in my closet, He will ask how many I helped to clothe. God won’t ask how much money I had; He will ask if I compromised my character to obtain the monies. God won’t ask what my job title was; He will ask if I performed my job to the best of my ability. Jesus won’t ask how many friends I had; He will ask how many people to whom I was a friend. (“About a Boy”) God won’t ask in what neighborhood I lived; He will ask how I treated my neighbors. Jesus won’t ask about the color of my skin either but He will ask about the content of my character. (Antwone Fisher) Also, God won’t ask how many people I influenced in a positive truly Christian way and they changed; He already knows them. (Antwone Fisher and About a Boy) I truly recommend everyone to watch these great movies!!!! I understand that we come into this world to live 70-80 years with one purpose… and it is to do somebody a favor. I thought doing somebody a favor is minor but according to Jesus it is huge! He did me a favor; He died for me and redeemed me from the power of sin and death.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Olga,
We were sorry to hear of Igor's illness and we are praying for his speedy recovery. We are so thankful that God put you both in our lives and that Jesus binds us together even though we are thousands of miles apart. Love in Christ
Robbie and Chrissy Jeremica <><

Anonymous said...

Dearest Igor and Olga:
We will continue to pray for our dear brother's health. He is in the LORD's loving, strong, merciful hands -- and that is very best place for any of us to be!! We love you both and look forward to any visits you bless us with.

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, that you may abound in hope by the power of His Holy Spirit." -- Romans 15:13

Love in Christ:
Dave and Trish Thompson, Joshua, Daniel, Misha & Joseph

Anonymous said...

Dearest Brother and Sister,
Danyelle and I are praying for you both. We pray for God's healing hand to be upon Igor. We thank God for both of you, and for your ministry, and your marriage. God must have something BIG awaiting you so be strong, and continue to focus on Him, and you will be blessed.

We love you, and may God keep you forever...

In His Grip,
Tony and Danyelle Jemmott

Anonymous said...

Игорюня привет, Мы продолжаем молиться за тебя. Когда умер наш ребенок, а затем умерла моя мама, я немог найти места....моя молитва была, как у Иова "Вот, Он убивает меня, но я буду надеяться; я желал бы только отстоять пути мои пред лицом Его". Господь близок к нам, а к тебе Он близок как никогда, даже если все внешнее говорит о другом...Он благ, милостив, любящий... Любим тебя и Ольгу...вы просто золотце...Женя и Наташа

Anonymous said...

Igor and Olga,

You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. We will continue to pray for your complete healing and that your whole experience will glorify God!
We love you guys!!!

Kevin and Sue Kolbo