Friday, November 20, 2009

Mom Went Home to be With the Lord...


Dear Friends and Partners,

As you may know my mother has been fighting cancer for a couple years now. I would like to thank those of you who have kept her in prayer and even helped financially at times. It has been a huge comfort and help.

It has been a long fight and the Lord has finally brought it to an end. Mom was taken to be with our Father in Heaven on Sunday the 15th at 11:30am. She passed away in her sleep, in peace and without pain. It was a strong testimony to see her joy and peace to the end. We were all together as a family the night before she died and she was in great mood, making jokes and smiling. Praise the Lord that He made it possible for my sister Olga to come visit and be with mom for a week before she passed.

At mom’s request, we buried her in Anisomovo, where Olga’s parents live, on Wednesday the 18th. This is a hard time for our family, especially dad, but we are filled with peace and joy to know that she is with her Lord and no longer in pain. Dad will be living in Anisomovo until it is possible to get him a visa to go to my sister Olga in England, while Olga and I are in America. I ask that you please keep us and my dad in prayer in this time.

1 comment:

Frank And Lela said...

Igor & Olga,

Our condolences and sympathies at this time of your pain. I'm grateful to hear that the Lord is faithfully holding you up. I pray His strength for you both.

Blessings,
Frank (and Lela)