Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Seminars in November: urgent request for support

Dear Friends of ICM-Russia,

It is my great joy to let you know that I have the privilege of sending a small team of missionaries to the town of Yosser, Russia. The services are going to be held on rehab center premises. For our ministers it is going to be an unforgettable experience because the living conditions are very poor there. But we are expecting 55 church leaders at the conference. During the day Alex will be teaching rehab occupants how to study the Word and listen to the Lord and in the evenings he will be training cell group leaders, children ministers on how to study and teach the Bible inductively. Olga and I would like to make it possible for our missionaries to travel to the seminar site. Full time missionaries can hardly afford to stay full time these days. We need some $600 to fulfill the task. This monies will cover travel expenses, foods on the train, communications, teaching manuals for the students, foods on site, writing paper and pens for seminar participants, and a little monetary blessing for ICM-Russia missionaries.

I would like to leave you with a testimony of one of the seminar students who recently wrote us a letter. She shared with us what she had experienced with God at the seminar in Moscow. "This is my first time at IBS seminar and I loved it a lot! I came to the seminar in a very bad mood because I was in a very difficult period in my life. I was down and didnt pray and read the Word of God. My relationship with my parents was a disaster. I was making many mistakes in my life and I couldnt admit that I was doing wrong in many ways. I didnt know what IBS seminar was all about. When I entered the room I was amazed by the gentleness of the ministers, by their kindness and especially by their freedom in expressing their love to God's Word and Jesus himself. I was shocked by their committment to the Lord. He was the most important thing in their lives. God was speaking to me through them. One day I came to my room after the service and started crying and praying... I felt that I had found something that I had lost long time ago and been looking for in my life. That night I decided I want to love God and his Word more than anything else... since then Jesus has been healing and changing my heart... thank you for coming over to Moscow to minister to us..."

Olga and I hope that many will be able to experience, like Sveta, the gift of God's love at IBS conferences. May the Lord bless you!

Mega huge peace to you all,
Igor and Olga Prokopyev

No comments: