Monday, August 24, 2009

5 Reasons I Want to Equip the Youth... Reason #5


#5 I Love Our Youth!


I love our youth leaders… Dima and Sasha Batin are amazing!


And, our volunteers are TROOPERS! Seeing them serve Jesus challenges and inspires me!!

One of the evenings in Kirilov, Pastor Yuri and I were standing at the back of the auditorium watching the kids worship and preach the Gospel and he said to me, “Hey man, what if you had said ‘no!’ I looked at him and asked what in the heck he was talking about. He said, “What if you would have told God ‘no’ when He asked you to start spending more time training youth to become missionaries? Forget everything else that is going on – you would have never gotten to see this.” These kids are worth every single dime and every ounce of time we can give them…and I am so glad that God has allowed me to be a part of this.

I have decided in my life that when cuts need to be made in my budget… I take away from the adults before I take away from the youth… and if I do not do a good job and they get mad – I let them LEAVE and go another church that will organize their missions trips to preach the Word and do worship where they can view the Kingdom’s largest ball of twine!!!

Friends, I can’t wait to see what happens in our ministry this next year…and next ten years… and beyond. We have some amazing youth who love Jesus and are going to accomplish far more for HIS Kingdom that we’ve ever dreamed.

No comments: