Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ministry in Moshi, Tanzania

Wow, it has already been 2 weeks! The transition is pretty interesting, because you find that you can get pretty close to people when you spend your entire days with them. Some of the pastors attending our seminars chose to ride their bicycles, sometimes as much as 80 kilometers, to get to the seminar venue and sleep on a concrete floor at night in order to be taught how to study the Bible inductively. Their eagerness to be taught and gratitude for the teaching was humbling. At the seminars, a couple of women cooked for 75 pastors, using wood for fuel with three rocks to hold the pot. They cooked in this manner, rain or shine. The choices they made allowed the participants to attend and the seminar to continue. I wish to report to you on the IBS seminar held in Moshi, Tanzania from November 4 to November 8, 2008. The Seminar brought together 75 rural pastors, cell group leaders, and church workers from different congregations, and denominations. The seminar time was used well, and I believe we have left an impact that will blossom. We taught the IBS seminars every day from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. I thank God that we had good time with pastors every day to teach from Inductive Bible Study manual. Every pastor was very encouraged, and at the end, one pastor came up and said, “ I have been a pastor for a long time. I have never heard teachings like these. This is my first time to see and hear about studying the Bible following the rules of observation, interpretation and application. Also, I did not know that the Bible was written by 40 authors. I say from my heart that am blessed, and I promise to teach my people in my church. God bless you brothers. Pastor Peter from Kenya said to me, “In this seminar, my passion has been renewed, because I have received something which will help me and my congregation. I did not know much about the Basic Principles of Observation, Interpretation and Application, but now by using these principles in personal preparation, I will reach and mentor many young leaders for the next generation, praise God.” It was so humbling to have evangelists, laymen and young pastors thanking Intensive Care Ministries and aggressively saying that they had never been to a Bible seminar like this–a place of sound teaching. Every pastor we had in a seminar asked ICM to return to Tanzania to teach the Word even more. This is the very heart of the mission ICMinistries has chosen, to equip young leaders and empower them to teach pastors in rural areas and make them reproduce so that we can expand the kingdom of God today, tomorrow and forever more by teaching the word of God accurately.

No comments: