Wednesday, January 2, 2008

andrey sorokin: my first IBS seminar...

Hello everyone! My name is Andrey Sorokin! Like Avenir and Irene Kalinkin, my wife Svetlana and I have a desire to see what God is going to do in us and through us as we travel and conduct Inductive Bible Study seminars! Igor and Alex had been training and equipping me for a year so that I might be able to go on short-term missions trips and equip church leadership and Christian workers on how to study the Bible inductively! This was my first time I went to conduct a seminar on my own! Avenir traveled with me to help me do the course! As we arrived in to Velsk the pastor of the church picked us up at the train station and brought us to a very wonderful couple from his church! These guys had been saved for a couple of years and they want to start a Bible study at their apartment! We made friends with them and many others from the church! I will never forget how excited people were when they gathered together to study the Word! The seminar went just fabulous! I liked the atmosphere in the building! People worshipped the Lord sincerely from the bottom of their hearts! Some 40 Christian workers and church leaders went through the course! I was able to give the inductive Bible study tools to all of them so that they might be able to feed themselves and the flock on the Word of God! It was such a blessing to see them working hard on their assignments! We did small disscussion groups as well. And people just loved it! You should see them trying to find answers from the text! They were so focused! And I liked that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrey, may the Lord always bless your heart with such enthusiasm for God's people! thank you for sharing your experiences - it encourags us in "the States" to continue in prayer for you and your students of the Lord's Word!